Saturday, April 3, 2010

Project: Database

Having no prior experience with using Access, this project has taught me a lot. Watching the lectures and working through the project was the best method of learning Access for me. I learned how to create tables and queries, and connect them together using forms and reports. Also, I learned how to export and import data using excel to create new tables. I was having a hard time with the import activity at first, but once I figured it out, I absolutely love how you can tie in customer information to your business to keep you organized. One day, I hope to use my new skills I’ve learned when operating my own business.

If I could choose one way to enhance the functionality of this database, I would change the way to import data. After trying several times, I finally figured it out. After that, I definitely would simplify this process. Also, I found it difficult to create a report in the design view. IT’S WAYYY TOO CONFUSING!! And to create a report footnote; forget it. I enjoyed working in the layout view so you can see exactly what the report is going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment